Hello from a new guy

Introduce yourself to the forum.
longy

Hello from a new guy

Postby longy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:58 pm

G'day all,

Not sure how active this forum is anymore but hoping to say hello and ask a few questions :)

I'm real interested in bucket racing, seeing as I'm old and have never raced before I figure buckets a great intro to racing
without spending massive amounts of money. The commuterlites look like fun but I'm north of 105kgs so it may be too
much of a handicap with only 12hp pushing me along, what do you think ??? Are the motolites too advanced for a rookie ???

I sold my cbr1000rr a couple of years ago but I've been itching like a junkie to ride ever since.
SharkyRider64

Re: Hello from a new guy

Postby SharkyRider64 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:32 am

Hi Longy, Im new here too, and it doesn't seem that this forum is used much anymore?? but it is still a great source of information.
I am 100 + kilo's too mate and I intend to race in commuterlites, so the pressure will be on me to lose weight before I start racing (next year).
I intend to start off in Commuterlites and then look at Motorlites or Superlites later on - will depend on time and money.

Either way, get yourself a Stat write off bike - I found mine on Gumtree and paid $550 for it, it was in running order and just had a front prang which is easy to fix ( I wont be using the stock fairing anyway ).
Keep in touch mate.
Cheers
Mark
Mark
Yamaha MT10
Honda CBR 125R
Royal Enfield Continental GT
longy

Postby longy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:36 am

Cheers Mark, yep I'm on the hunt for a write off, not any I can see at the moment. Thanks for replying :P
MadAtomik

Postby MadAtomik » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:05 am

Hi Longo and mark, unfortunately this forum isn't used as much as it used to be as Facebook seems to be taking over where everyone chats and all that. As for getting into racing commuterlites are a great way to get into it and with the grid constantly growing it's a great class to get into. As for the superlite and motolite classes you'd have to invest a lot more to get into racing. As for finding a bike I can't remember off hand all the places that you can get stat write offs and that but if you're on Facebook got to the bucket racing page or post classic racing association page and everyone is very willing to help. Also think I saw a commuterlite for sale there as well.

Hope this helps out a bit.

Ed
SharkyRider64

Postby SharkyRider64 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks Ed. See you out there.
Mark
Mark
Yamaha MT10
Honda CBR 125R
the phantom

Postby the phantom » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:06 am

Hi Newbies,
Looks like I pay the $ to keep this forum running as an information resource. Its a shame its fallen on lean times, but for now it stays. If its bucket related, there will be something about it somewhere on this forum.

The Phantom
SharkyRider64

Postby SharkyRider64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Thanks Phantom, yes it's still a great resource and has helped me with my bike build.
Cheers
Mark
Yamaha MT10
Honda CBR 125R

Return to “Hello & Welcome”